Area-1255

Area-1255's official forum for all of our life extension enthusiasts, bodybuilders, fitness geeks and for those just interested in science and technology.

You are not connected. Please login or register

In need of help.

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26 Re: In need of help. on Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:41 pm

Miguel29

Thanks for that I really appreciate your help.

I've got an appointment with a new Endocrinologist in a few weeks and will be re-testing all my hormones.

I hope to get the following:
Total T
Free T
Estradiol
DHT
Progesterone
T3,T4
SHBG
Cortisol
Prolactin
LH & FSH

If my T levels are still sitting low I will most likely ask for TRT and HCG, maybe an AI too. It sucks that it's come to this but it might be the best way forward.

Do you believe restoring T levels to a higher range can resolve PSSD symptoms?

27 Re: In need of help. on Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:47 pm

Miguel29

Also how would you separate PSSD people from Low-T people? Considering so many symptoms are nearly identical. Seems like there could be some crossover or even confusion as to which camp some people actually fall into.

28 Re: In need of help. on Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:57 pm

Area-1255

Admin / Head Writer
Admin / Head Writer
Miguel29 wrote:Also how would you separate PSSD people from Low-T people? Considering so many symptoms are nearly identical. Seems like there could be some crossover or even confusion as to which camp some people actually fall into.

Well not everyone with PSSD has low testosterone. My levels were high-normal all the way up until recovery. You also have to remember there are often confounding variables, there are guys who get socked in the nuts during soccer or hockey and have semi-permanent - permanent low testosterone and associated issues. Shit happens. Also you'd want to organize the paradigm of androgen effects by its metabolites.

For example, DHT and non-estrogen converting androgens mostly do.....
-Increase sexual preference for feminine women (not necessarily desire)
-Increase masculine behavioral traits, including gestured speech and short and effective in-person communications.
-Increase confidence and positive motivational aggression.
-Increase libido in terms of favor towards realistic and challenging sexual tasks.

ESTROGEN on the other hand in small quantities is actually what fuels the more fantasy-based and emotion-based sexual proclivities.

-Such as fantasizing about an actress etc.
-Sexual deviance.
-Sexual compulsions
-Libido in the classic sense.

So therefore androgens govern SEXUAL BEHAVIOR and RESPONSE and most of all PREFERENCE (in terms of mate).

Your behavior and social confidence will depend on androgens but your actual racing thought libido will need small amounts of E2.

Of course, excessive or too much estrogen will shut down all of that (including androgenic functions) but its just to show that the two have VERY different effects.

And Yes, TRT may be an option for you if you can get higher levels stabilized. But I think we still have a lot of work to do. Try to uncover insight into what helps you and what doesn't.

http://area-1255.forumotion.info

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum