Area-1255

Area-1255's official forum for all of our life extension enthusiasts, bodybuilders, fitness geeks and for those just interested in science and technology.


You are not connected. Please login or register

Need Help !!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Need Help !!! on Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:10 am

Jin


Hi Area,

I have been reading lot of your comments for quite sometime and real admire your scientific knowledge with regards to PSSD.

I need your help to analyze my situation. I have suffering from PSSD symptoms for over 4 years now. It started while I was taking Trazodone. AS you know Trazodone has a pro sexual effect. When I was taking it I was getting very strong erections and my libido was extremely high. However, after a week I started feeling pain in my penis, testicles and anus followed by a sudden crash. By crash I mean loss of libido, brain fog, penile and scrotum numbness, no morning erection, no visual stimuli, hard flaccid, penile curve which was not there (not peyronies). Basically completely lost my sexuality. My penis and testicle are shrinking and there has been no improvement since then. I have been experience pelvic pain 24/7 since day 1. Now my question is I was not taking SSRI at the time of crash, although I had taken them in the past for many years. What could have caused all these problems. Is it chronic pelvic pain syndrome or PSSD as many of the symptoms overlap. How can I reverse penile sensitivity and regain testicle size. I want to add my semen is watery and quantity is very less. Orgasm is pleasureless. I have no clue what has happened. Need your help!

2 Re: Need Help !!! on Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:03 pm

Area-1255

avatar
Admin / Head Writer
Admin / Head Writer
Jin wrote:Hi Area,

I have been reading lot of your comments for quite sometime and real admire your scientific knowledge with regards to PSSD.

I need your help to analyze my situation. I have suffering from PSSD symptoms for over 4 years now. It started while I was taking Trazodone. AS you know Trazodone has a pro sexual effect. When I was taking it I was getting very strong erections and my libido was extremely high. However, after a week I started feeling pain in my penis, testicles and anus followed by a sudden crash. By crash I mean loss of libido, brain fog, penile and scrotum numbness, no morning erection, no visual stimuli, hard flaccid, penile curve which was not there (not peyronies). Basically completely lost my sexuality. My penis and testicle are shrinking and there has been no improvement since then. I have been experience pelvic pain 24/7 since day 1. Now my question is I was not taking SSRI at the time of crash, although I had taken them in the past for many years. What could have caused all these problems. Is it chronic pelvic pain syndrome or PSSD as many of the symptoms overlap. How can I reverse penile sensitivity and regain testicle size. I want to add my semen is watery and quantity is very less. Orgasm is pleasureless. I have no clue what has happened. Need your help!

Trazodone usually does have pro-sexual effects but this is mainly due to blockade of adrenaline-receptors (alpha1/2) - it does have direct agonist activity through it's metabolites at the 5-HT2C receptor which would have pro-erectile effects but would also possibly result in increased time until orgasm (delayed ejaculation; D.E) - also typically, and perhaps ironically, serotonin agonism at the 2C receptor may decrease libido/desire EVEN THOUGH it promotes erectile capacity...the reasoning here is basically that activating that receptor has positive effects through 'local' calcium saturation / removal and pro-oxytocin function however, this is not evident in the hypothalamus and / or is over-powered UP TOP by the same receptors ability to release prolactin...so basically that's the gist.

5-HT2C activation = more 'arousal' locally and erection but delayed ejaculation and less desire
5-HT2C blockade  = more libido and less time til orgasm but harder to get erection in the first place...


THE PROBLEM with this science is it DOESN'T ALWAYS PLAY OUT IN THE REAL WORLD - in other words; it simply looks that simple on paper and it's sort of unrealistic unless you are dealing with DIRECT AGONISTS AND ANTAGONISTS ONLY AT THAT RECEPTOR.

Serotonin itself; the endogenous (naturally produced kind) is capable of activating ANY of the body's 7 receptors and many have opposing effects to each other...for example..

1A activation is OPPOSITE to 5-HT2C activation. polar opposites in terms of SEXUAL FUNCTION.

1A activation promotes ejaculation but decreases erection; 2C activation delays ejaculation but promotes erection....

however, both 1A activation and 2C activation release OXYTOCIN but in different areas of the brain ; resulting in different effects... oxytocin is also not so much that linear either as proportion and RATIO with VASOPRESSIN (ADH; ANTI-DIURETIC HORMONE) mean everything ..for example , increased oxytocin in the hippocampus may have negative effects on cognition but positive effects on anxiety whereas in the amygdala it may improve 'love and trust' BUT may also increase territorial aggression and DEFENSE of a partner which makes sense... so in other words; oxytocin can actually INSPIRE the jealousy aspect of relationships in certain circumstances depending on HOW AND WHERE IT IS BEING RELEASED.

( serotonin activation is likely NOT to help in this regard because again, it's not a 'clean' neuro-hormone and even if it mildly raises oxytocin this can be directly opposed by it's other actions on say, 5-HT2A, 6A, 7A , 3A etc )

Again, so it's , in many cases , IMPRACTICAL to claim serotonin will do One thing or Another.

http://area-1255.forumotion.info

3 Re: Need Help !!! on Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:08 pm

Area-1255

avatar
Admin / Head Writer
Admin / Head Writer
In your case , the problem is probably related to trazodone's serotonin agonist activity - cortisol is probably ELEVATED - trazodone is a good drug but there is a such thing as a PARADOXICAL effect... ( opposite of what we intend )  - Also, I don't typically Recommend trazodone UNLESS one's issue is characterized by

-ANXIETY / PERFORMANCE ANXIETY
-ADRENALINE EXCESS
-HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE
-PRIMARILY AROUSAL/ERECTILE ISSUES (not libido issues)


So trazodone basically ONLY empowers the arousal aspect from a vascular level but not the libido/sexual desire part...for that I typically recommend working on the dopamine, histamine, glutamate and testosterone subsystems...

The most important thing is to make sure hormones are optimized..from that point forward we can work on the smaller , but also significant 'NEURO-ENDOCRINE Perspectives'.

http://area-1255.forumotion.info

4 Re: Need Help !!! on Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:39 pm

faith


I'm not sure you are going to receive this message, you haven't been here for a while but it's worth a shot.

My life has turned upside down ever since I took the pill. I've also experienced bouts of pelvic and abdominal pain since day 1 of taking the pill, it's not as bad as the first time I took it, it's gotten better.

The sexual problems are horrible, I have decreased libido, I'm thinking about getting some tests done to make sure my testosterone levels are normal. When I cum it's definitely a LOT less than before. I identify 100% with the initial crash, it felt like blue balls, I ended up finishing masturbating and I never came so much, but the consistency was watery and didn't feel normal.

It's been about two years since you last posted, have any symptoms cleared up slightly in anyway? Also, I'm having side effects that you didn't mention, the veins in my testicles get inflamed when that happens they get insanely painful, this usually happens when I get an erection not sure if you had this problem while off the pill or not.

5 Re: Need Help !!! on Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:06 pm

Area-1255

avatar
Admin / Head Writer
Admin / Head Writer
faith wrote:I'm not sure you are going to receive this message, you haven't been here for a while but it's worth a shot.

My life has turned upside down ever since I took the pill. I've also experienced bouts of pelvic and abdominal pain since day 1 of taking the pill, it's not as bad as the first time I took it, it's gotten better.

The sexual problems are horrible, I have decreased libido, I'm thinking about getting some tests done to make sure my testosterone levels are normal. When I cum it's definitely a LOT less than before. I identify 100% with the initial crash, it felt like blue balls, I ended up finishing masturbating and I never came so much, but the consistency was watery and didn't feel normal.

It's been about two years since you last posted, have any symptoms cleared up slightly in anyway? Also, I'm having side effects that you didn't mention, the veins in my testicles get inflamed when that happens they get insanely painful, this usually happens when I get an erection not sure if you had this problem while off the pill or not.

Are you trying to communicate with me or Jin?

http://area-1255.forumotion.info

6 Re: Need Help !!! on Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:48 am

faith


Area-1255 wrote:
Are you trying to communicate with me or Jin?

I wanted to speak to Jin at first, since I identify almost to the letter with him. He’s literally the only person I could find with this problem. I’m not sure if he’s better or why he stopped responding so quickly. I sent an email as well but he didn’t respond. I didn’t think anyone would message but kept thinking a problem shared is a problem halved!

It’s close to a month since this occurred, I feel like I’m showing very slight signs of improvement but I’m not sure if it’s a placebo effect since I’m trying hard to have faith, especially with suicidal thoughts creeping up.

I’m waiting on my testosterone results at the moment, is there any chance I can get completely back to normal? Ive been taking garlic cloves and running daily, not sure if that helps, and I’m thinking about not masterbating till I heal completely.

7 Re: Need Help !!! on Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:15 pm

Area-1255

avatar
Admin / Head Writer
Admin / Head Writer
faith wrote:
Area-1255 wrote:
Are you trying to communicate with me or Jin?

I wanted to speak to Jin at first, since I identify almost to the letter with him. He’s literally the only person I could find with this problem. I’m not sure if he’s better or why he stopped responding so quickly. I sent an email as well but he didn’t respond. I didn’t think anyone would message but kept thinking a problem shared is a problem halved!

It’s close to a month since this occurred, I feel like I’m showing very slight signs of improvement but I’m not sure if it’s a placebo effect since I’m trying hard to have faith, especially with suicidal thoughts creeping up.

I’m waiting on my testosterone results at the moment, is there any chance I can get completely back to normal? Ive been taking garlic cloves and running daily, not sure if that helps, and I’m thinking about not masterbating till I heal completely.

Garlic cloves might help, but you are talking about fertility and orgasmic contraction problems, in this case, I would recommend you do (take) the following.



It is ABSOLUTELY possible and even PROBABLE you will recover when you optimize your hormones and get your neurotransmitter balance back. These things CAN take time though. My advice is to follow the above and continue running, and even start lifting weights, if you feel the urge to masturbate, lift weights instead etc.

Testosterone (total) and Free Testosterone should be tested but I have a feeling your issue might be Prolactin related as well, and you should have Estrogen (E2) checked!

http://area-1255.forumotion.info

8 Re: Need Help !!! on Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:30 pm

faith


You’re a godsend! I’m gonna try to get my hands on those medications. I may need to change urologists, my current one only checks testosterone and he swears Trazodone doesn’t cause these problems. I live in NY as well so I should more then likely find one who can check all my hormone levels. I’ll report back when things start getting better! I wanted to sincerely thank you for giving the pssd community so much attention and support, we’re scarcely lacking in people like you.

9 Re: Need Help !!! on Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:12 pm

Area-1255

avatar
Admin / Head Writer
Admin / Head Writer
faith wrote:You’re a godsend! I’m gonna try to get my hands on those medications. I may need to change urologists, my current one only checks testosterone and he swears Trazodone doesn’t cause these problems. I live in NY as well so I should more then likely find one who can check all my hormone levels. I’ll report back when things start getting better! I wanted to sincerely thank you for giving the pssd community so much attention and support, we’re scarcely lacking in people like you.

There are plenty of good Urologists in NY. Which part do you live in? Like NYC; near Brooklyn, or Manhattan? Or are you in one of the other regions?

http://area-1255.forumotion.info

10 Re: Need Help !!! on Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:52 pm

faith


I live closest to Manhattan, do you recommend any good urologists? Also I'm going to an endocrinologist soon to check my vitamin and hormone levels, I want a second ultrasound as well, I'm keeping my fingers crossed, I hopefully they find something.

11 Re: Need Help !!! on Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:07 pm

faith


Hey, Area! I got a blood test done, I told them I wanted all hormones checked but the endo didn't come back with a full list of the results. I'm not sure how this stuff works or if they generally only check certain hormones if I bring it up and ask about it. I'm gonna try and either find a better endocrinologist or ask him personally about certain hormones I want checked, while I'm on the topic what relevant hormones should I get checked aside from progesterone?
These are my current results. He says my testosterone is on the low side.

12 Re: Need Help !!! on Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:01 am

kpavel

avatar
Area-1255 Intelligence Oversight
Area-1255 Intelligence Oversight
faith wrote:Hey, Area! I got a blood test done, I told them I wanted all hormones checked but the endo didn't come back with a full list of the results. I'm not sure how this stuff works or if they generally only check certain hormones if I bring it up and ask about it. I'm gonna try and either find a better endocrinologist or ask him personally about certain hormones I want checked, while I'm on the topic what relevant hormones should I get checked aside from progesterone?
These are my current results. He says my testosterone is on the low side.

Looks like low b12 and vit. D. I think taking vitamin D3 lowers libido in me. I did 10000 ui a day with ashwagandha powder in spring. But some people say it affected their sperm counts positively. Not in me.
DHEA and P4 and E2 would be more interesting. Check out bilirubin too if you can.

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum