Area-1255

Area-1255's official forum for all of our life extension enthusiasts, bodybuilders, fitness geeks and for those just interested in science and technology.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tramadol (SSRI) issues, mild PSSD and no alcohol euphoria

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

forthis

hello, i remember speaking to Area about this issue before

but briefly here is what happened;

i took tramadol (it has an SSRI component) for 7 months and got addicted

i have not taken any tramadol in over 2 years now and 2 issues remain

PSSD which i believe to be is mild. but the main issue is no euphoria/buzz from alcohol

i remember area mentioning 'mianserin' which im trying to get hold of. but i came here to double check thats correct?

Area said the tramadol has desensitised my receptors and mianserin would help improve my situation

thank you for your time

Area-1255

Admin / Head Writer
Admin / Head Writer
forthis wrote:hello, i remember speaking to Area about this issue before

PSSD which i believe to be is mild. but the main issue is no euphoria/buzz from alcohol

i remember area mentioning 'mianserin' which im trying to get hold of. but i came here to double check thats correct?

Area said the tramadol has desensitised my receptors and mianserin would help improve my situation

thank you for your time

Yes Mianserin will help by disinhibiting dopamine and antagonizing serotonin; creating a favorable balance. Alcohol, like other drugs/substances, precipitates addiction by altering c-Fos/FOS-ir expression in the nucleus accumbens and other dopaminergic pathways. The buzz and reinforcement depends on the activation of that pathway and the subsequent molecular changes, you need to have serotonin under control in order for that activation to occur properly. Smile

http://area-1255.forumotion.info

forthis

Area-1255 wrote:

thank you for your time

Yes Mianserin will help by disinhibiting dopamine and antagonizing serotonin; creating a favorable balance. Alcohol, like other drugs/substances, precipitates addiction by altering c-Fos/FOS-ir expression in the nucleus accumbens and other dopaminergic pathways. The buzz and reinforcement depends on the activation of that pathway and the subsequent molecular changes, you need to have serotonin under control in order for that activation to occur properly. Smile

Thank you very much, how long should i take mianserin for?

I'm surprised i havent recovered after 2 years post tramadol usage

what if mianserin doesnt work?

Area-1255

Admin / Head Writer
Admin / Head Writer
forthis wrote:
Area-1255 wrote:

thank you for your time

You should try it for at least 2-3 weeks, unless you have side-effects, then I'd discontinue it.

forthis

Area-1255 wrote:
forthis wrote:
Area-1255 wrote:

thank you for your time

You should try it for at least 2-3 weeks, unless you have side-effects, then I'd discontinue it.

my worry is if mianserin doesnt work, i'm probably screwed for life Sad

Area-1255

Admin / Head Writer
Admin / Head Writer
forthis wrote:
Area-1255 wrote:
forthis wrote:
Area-1255 wrote:

thank you for your time

my worry is if mianserin doesnt work, i'm probably screwed for life Sad

I wouldn't say that, there will be something that will work we just have to try a wide variety of tools to get there. Cool

theloneranger86

Did mianserin ever work "for this" guy ?

Area-1255

Admin / Head Writer
Admin / Head Writer
theloneranger86 wrote:Did mianserin ever work "for this" guy ?  

I don't know. Some members here take breaks if you're noticed. They will come back all of a sudden after a week or two of inactivity.

forthis

Area-1255 wrote:
theloneranger86 wrote:Did mianserin ever work "for this" guy ?  

I don't know. Some members here take breaks if you're noticed. They will come back all of a sudden after a week or two of inactivity.

i've been away for awhile and only been using PSSDforum as of late

for the guy above who asked, after asking many doctors i finally got a script for mianserin 4 days ago. tonight will be my fifth dose, i will keep you updated but so far i'm sleeping well and feeling pretty good

forthis

Update: well its been about 12 days on mianserin and sadly no euphoria from alcohol Sad

i'm wondering if this naltrexone issue (too much kappa activation) is the culprit?

either way, im going to keep taking mianserin for at least 6 weeks

Area-1255

Admin / Head Writer
Admin / Head Writer
forthis wrote:Update: well its been about 12 days on mianserin and sadly no euphoria from alcohol Sad

i'm wondering if this naltrexone issue (too much kappa activation) is the culprit?

Keep taking it and report back here.
You could try adding Amentoflavone; which is a kappa-opioid antagonist.
Study : https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2265593/
You need to use it with black pepper extract and other absorption enhancers, though.

--> https://area1255.blogspot.com/2016/07/natural-kappa-kkor-opioid-receptor.html

forthis

Area-1255 wrote:
forthis wrote:Update: well its been about 12 days on mianserin and sadly no euphoria from alcohol Sad

Keep taking it and report back here.
You could try adding Amentoflavone; which is a kappa-opioid antagonist.
Study : https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2265593/
You need to use it with black pepper extract and other absorption enhancers, though.

--> https://area1255.blogspot.com/2016/07/natural-kappa-kkor-opioid-receptor.html

Update : its almost 2 months of mianserin now and no improvement. I am feeling mentally better, increased appetite and deep sleep. I have a sense of well being

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum